Thursday, June 9, 2011

Election 2011?

You'd think there was an election going all with all the Campaigning going on around here!!!  My sisters campaign dresser redo really got my butt in gear with my campaign pieces. 

Here's a quick before and after to show you!  I found this campaign nightstand after a thrifty reader alerted me of its location at one of my fav's Diversity Thrift!  It was in pretty bad shape with a nasty water mark on the bottom (I'm really hoping that's what it was!) but I knew that could be easily fixed with a coat of primer (Zinsser Oil Based) and 2 coats of paint (Behr Ultra Pure White in Eggshell with Minwax water based poly applied after paint dried).  I also refreshed the hardware by applying some Brasso polish. 

Here it is in its former glory!

image 0

And here it is today!


As much as I love it and REALLY wanted to keep it, it's now living in my little space at Through the Garden Gate.  I'm trying to start off with a bang (read: make my first months rent!) so I'm hoping this little guy with sell!  Also hoping I find another one to keep for myself ;)

Linking up to these lovely ladies!
http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/

11 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! What "water mark"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer - I'd snag it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm with Carmel: I wish I lived in VA so I could shop your store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful redo Erin!! xo I didn't realize - Do you have a shop?? That's awesome! Or do you sell at a local shop?? That's STILL awesome!!

    Here's to your keen thrift eye, a fab redo, AND this months rent! Cheers and Happy Friday!!

    xo Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks awesome!!! i love the fresh white paint... too bad you can't keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. How much are you selling it for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! @Susan, selling it for $90.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm looking for a campaign dresser but they seem to be in short supply.

    ReplyDelete