Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I picked up thrifting yesterday!

I had to drink an extra glass of wine last night to get over the fact that I didn't snag the to die for tufted couch from Consignment Connection.  But I still have my marriage so I think it was a win for me in the end!  I did end up buying a few things yesterday and it was totally guilt free.  A) Because they were dirt cheap and B) Because Consignment Connection gave me a check for some items I consigned with them!

Here is what I picked up!

Some candlewick glasses (to add to my collection) from Arnedas Thrift and Gift.  Remember that is where I got my highboy.  Well they are closing :(  The only upside was she gave me a crazy deal on these.  9 glasses for 90 cents!!

And I picked up this key from Consignment Connection for $8.   I know this will come as a shock, but I think I am going to spray paint it ala younghouselove and add it to my future gallery wall in my future bedroom makeover.


Arneda's $1.50

Oh and lets not forget about this beauty!  I don't think Nate Berkus would approve but my daughter was pretty thrilled with it.  That is, until she took a nasty spill out of it and busted her cute little face.  Now I'm not sure how she feels about it!  All I know is it's staying in the garage until Charlie's t-ball games where it may entice her to sit still for .5 seconds!
Hope everyone has a great day!

PS.  Ever since I wrote about my Jillian Michaels workout in my last post she is all over my google ads. 
It's like she haunting me.  Watching my every move. 
 I'm pretty sure she knows how many cadbury mini eggs I ate yesterday!
Remind me not to write about her again ;)

8 comments:

  1. Those glasses are A-MAZING!! and what a sweet deal! Only .90 for 9 glasses??? The key is fab too - What color will you paint it? White gloss?

    Have a great day!
    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE that you post so frequently all the great stuff you find! I'm a local Richmonder and the only time I'm really able to thrift is on the weekends when the crowds are heavy and it seems like I can never spot the hidden treasures. Please keep these posts coming! Also- have you thought about doing a comprehensive list of places your thrift/consign? That would include hours/addresses for us new the game thrifters? Would be a great "cheat sheet" to get into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellear...Im SO GLAD you enjoy reading these posts! Sometimes I wonder if Im boring you guys to death! Here is a great resource for richmond (or type in a different city) thrift shops http://www.thethriftshopper.com/city/Richmond/VA/1.htm
    it gives hours of operation too! And on my side bar I have a link to some of my favorite stores. I should work on a master list with times, etc. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the key you found. I want one (although have no logical place to put one).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glasses are cute! They look like punch bowl cups... cute cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! Love your finds. The key is going to look great on your future gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAH! Jillian Michaels!! Love those awesome glasses! Jealous, only 90 cents!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the glasses! And my three year old daughter would tackle people for that Dora chair.

    ReplyDelete