Monday, February 28, 2011

Patterson Antiques

While at Hope Thrift the other day I checked out its neighbor to the right, Patterson Antiques (Near Patterson and Gaskins Rd).  I found a bunch of great stuff including two candlewick plates to add to  my collection!  But I also found these antique trunks!  The tag said Vintage Trunk Circa 1901.  It was $99.


I really wish I had gotten a  better picture of the bottom trunk ($99 too).  It was a rich, dark brown.  They caught my eye because I had just read Emily A. Clark's guest post for Goodwill about trunks here.

Here is some more inspiration on how you could use these!




Sometimes I look around my rooms and all I see is wood toned, black, or white furniture pieces.  This is a great way to add a little color and texture to your room and mix things up a bit!

Definitely check out Patterson Antiques.  They do negotiate price and the owner is very friendly!

4 comments:

  1. And they had free jelly beans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! yes they did! It's too bad they are a choking hazard or I would have been bribing my 18 month old with them! Did you get anything Deb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic you posted above of the room with the yellow chairs is one I filed in my "decor inspiration" folder just last week! It is actually the reason I just relocated my dad's Coast Guard steamer trunk from my spare bedroom into my living room - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that one too Erin...Im really into yellow these day so I love those chairs! How great that you can use your dads coast guard trunk! I love using pieces that have meaning when decorating! I bet you love seeing it every day after moving it from the spare bedroom!

    ReplyDelete