Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bundt Pan Turned Planter Tutorial

Here’s a quick tutorial on the bundt cake pan I used in the American Crafter competition. 

I had to search around for a bundt cake pan with enough room for the umbrella.  I got one from Target but it was not wide enough for the umbrella so back it went.  I found this one at Goodwill for $3 and it totally did the trick!


I love anything beaded these days.  Hence my obsession with candlewick glass.  So I had seen several people use puffy paint to create this look and thought I would jazz up the planter using this method.  First rough up your pan with steel wool and prime it.  After the primer is dry create the pattern you want with the puffy paint and let it completely dry. 



When it’s dry spray paint your color of choice then fill it with soil and some pretty flowers.




I think it would also look cute with water and floating candles or grass kind of like this:




13 comments:

  1. What a cute idea - love the beaded look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously SOOOO cool! I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have something like this, that I purchased. Mine is in 2 halves. Sometimes I put flowers in them, sometimes candles and sometimes food! I like the beading on yours, really jazzes it up. If you are going to keep plants in it, you may want to drill a small hole in the bottom of each for drainage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, this is so clever! And looks really great! I'll be heading to goodwill tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. I like the floating candle idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! So stinking cute AND useful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea! I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, now you've done it! This is so cool and creative! How on earth did you come up with that? Love it!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete