Friday, March 4, 2011

A Reader's Find!

I got an email from Emily, a reader who wanted to let me know she high-tailed it to Class and Trash after reading a post here the other day.  She sweet talked her boyfriend into going with her and found a great dresser she is going to use as a sideboard.  It was marked $85 but she said she asked nicely and they sold it to her for $75! 

I love the details on the drawers!  Great find Emily! 




She wanted to know what I thought she should do in the way of painting or staining.   Here are some ideas!

I love the idea of painting the piece white like this and swapping out the handles for some more modern rings like these!

Residential 10316 Ring Pull Cabinet Pulls and Knob


Or what about black with gold on the detailed drawers like this:




Or how about this slate blue one by Kate at Centsational Girl
She gives a great tutorial here on how to get this look!



Or you could do something like Kate from Centsational Girl did here by staining the piece.  Can you believe the difference?  It looks brand new in the after photo!  She gives another fabulous tutorial on staining here. Can you tell I think Kate is uber-talented! 

highboy before and after

I hope this helps Emily.  If you decide to do some work to it we would love to see your after photos!  Anyone else doing any projects this weekend? 

1 comment:

  1. I have a wooden dresser that I am going to try and paint white for the baby's room - but I probably wont do that until after the baby is born in June. I think the fumes would be too much for our apartment. I love that second photo and your idea of swapping out the handles.

    ReplyDelete