Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ratty Ratan turned Radiant!

First of all...today was my first day as a Class and Trash vendor!  Super excited to be there and will post pics on what my little booth has to offer tomorrow!  But on to a makeover that took a group effort.  Do you all remember this chair I snagged a while back for $20.00!?  Here's a little reminder!



Well with a little painting by yours truly and fabric work by my very crafty mother...that pitiful and outdated little lady has been transformed into this!





My mom seriously never ceases to amaze me when it comes to sewing.  Wish she had passed some of that talent on to me!  I can't even thread a bobbin. 

And this makeover has now concludes my youngest sisters Tobacco Row apartment!  I'll try to get pics of all her fabulous items together soon (whenever I can enter the apartment without going into a jealous rage when I spot the card catalog, campaign dresser, and barrister bookcase in place)! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

*** Side note!  People were asking about the fabric.  She got it from the William and Sherrill Outlet here in Richmond and it was pretty affordable, $12.99 a yard.  I will try to do a search for it online and get back to ya :)

Linking up here!

10 comments:

  1. What a great makeover! I love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin. : ) As soon as I saw this post I thought to myself, I'll bet this cutie chair is for her sister. Yep, my suspicions were confirmed. You need to kick your sister out and move into her place. haha I can't wait to see pics of it!! Just remember to take deep breaths while you're there.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    Oh and the chair, fabulous!!

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chair. Where did you find the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!! Erin, it turned out soooo awesome! love the fabric! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, where IS that fabric from? It's exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for for my own little bedroom makeover. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute! I'm about to do a chair just like that on my blog too! I love those types of chairs. Yours turned out amazing, hope mine looks as good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a great makeover! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out Beautifully! Congrats! Visiting from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love it! I bet our mothers would get along well.

    ReplyDelete