Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bamboo-a-palooza!

I am in bamboo heaven ladies (and the rare gentleman reader)!!!  Look at my first of two bamboo scores from this past week!  Brace yourselves...you might want to sit down ;)

Exhibit A:


I snagged the dresser on the right hand side for $55 from Love of Jesus Thrift after a reader named Cathy tipped me off on its whereabouts.  Was originally $65 but talked the guy down a bit.  He wasn't into lowering the price so there was a really awkward stare down but.... thankfully he budged!  I've already primed the drawers and the top of the dresser and the lovely bamboo artistry.  I also sold the dresser in our master on craigslist to a lovely couple from Amelia, cowboy hat and all, to make room for this beauty!

And call me crazy but here's what I'm thinking for the after.

peacock blue faux bamboo chest with curtain
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/07/my-bamboo-is-peacock-blue/

Who better to get inspiration from then the fabulous Centasational Girl!

Okay, I'll share Exhibit B. of the bamboo-a-palooza tomorrow!
 I know you are waiting on pins and needles ;)

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see! I started to paint my bamboo furniture this weekend. Send me pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome find! I think the blue will look great. Can' wait to see Exhibit B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't wait to see them all painted and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What amazing finds! I'd snag those in a heartbeat too, and giiiirl I can't tell you how much I love that peacock blue color, it. is. gorgeous!!! Will you add some gold blingity bling? It will be off the charts stunning!
    Thanks for the shout out, I simply cannot wait to see your final result,
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! I'm about to paint my bamboo hutch Chinese Red. I'm am still sick about this bamboo desk I found...I left it because I didn't have my booth at the time! Can't wait for bamboo-palooza tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That peacock blue is fantastic! Love it with the brass accents. Can't wait to see what you choose to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! Can't wait to see these ladies all made up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed you were able to negotiate at Love of Jesus Thrift. I got a "no negotiating at the register" when I tried. Great find.

    ReplyDelete