Sunday, October 23, 2011

Before and After- Work Bench

I picked up this work bench (not sure if that's the correct name but I'm going with it!) a few weeks ago at Love of Jesus Thrift.  It was pretty nasty but I had a vision of what it could be.



I took it home, gave it a good cleaning and sanded the heck out of it.  I applied MANY coats of minwax stain in ebony.

Minwax 710960000 250 Voc Ebony Stain

And sprayed the legs with a coat of zinsser spray primer (OIL based) and finished it up with Rustoleum 2X cover spray paint in Satin finish, color: Lagoon


Before:



...And here is the new and improved work bench turned rustically chic desk.







The lamp is from Hobby Lobby and it's a match made in heaven with the legs on this "desk."

** Will be selling it at Class and Trash if any locals are interested ($45)...going to try and drop it off tomorrow (Monday)

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Linking up with these lovely ladies!

7 comments:

  1. Turned out lovely. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice table.


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um wow. Love it. Nice work Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I love it! I definitely wouldn't have thought that would turn out looking so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation!! Gosh, my husband had a table like this a few years ago and we left it on the side of the road. I never would have gotten rid of it if I'd known it had so much potential! LOVE the bright color on the legs!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Not many people could have seen the potential in that table. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea! Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete